Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Inspired blogger supports the Food Bank

Maura, at the blog One Ping Only, has been inspired by her company's Food Drive to hold a promotion where she will donate $1 to the Food Bank for every legit comment posted (capped at $500)!  

From her post:
But when I think about how many people are going hungry in a country that has so, so much, it makes me queasy. I know there are parents out there every day having to decide between feeding their families and paying their bills, and people who really don't know where their next meal is coming from, neither of which is something I've ever had to face. The older I've gotten, the more I appreciate how my mother was able to balance what should have been a comfortable income against life circumstances and make sure that we were never without, and probably even had more than we should have. There are too many people, and that number grows every day now, knowing that they're not going to make that balance happen. 
Please head on over and check out the post - and leave a comment while you're at it!